Pages

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Day 8

November 8th- Today I am grateful that I'm not in Covington to listen to all the bickering about today's vote. I love my hometown, and am so grateful to have grown up a "small town girl." But, I wasn't sad to leave the small town drama behind.
I believe that doing at least a small bit of traveling is part of the whole "growing up" process. For me at least, I know that each time I ventured into an unknown surrounding, I got to take a good look at who I really was, and am, as a person. And often times, I changed and grew into a new me. When I was in Idaho for school, my testimony of the gospel grew immensely. When I was in China teaching English, I gained a refreshing sense of independence (ex. a fresh break-up, not being able to speak the country's language, witnessing God's tender mercies numerous times, etc.). And then moving here to Utah, I grew into the person that I needed to be in order to be ready to find my loving husband.
I'm not trying to say that my hometown is a bad place. Or that I never want to go back. It is my home after all. I'm just grateful for the few opportunities that I've had to travel in my life's journey. And even more grateful for the change in perspective that each place brought.

I hope that at least some of that made sense. I will now step down from my soap box. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment