Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Getaway

I know that I just barely posted the other day and maybe it's not "my turn", but I actually feel the need to post something today.
Despite my need for my own personal space, Adam and I generally spend every minute together when we're not at work. Even though I have every Monday off, I hadn't had a day alone for several weeks. I was craving a tiny bit of independence. I love Adam immensely, and he knows that, but my "me time" was something that he didn't quite understand. I told him that we both needed to spend a little time away from one another. He still didn't really see things from my perspective. So, I explained to him that although he is the most important person in my life, he isn't the only person in my life. I think that helped him to understand a little bit. But, this weekend proved my point.
After work on Friday, I was able to go up to Rexburg for a few days to spend time with family and friends. I got to see the new auditorium at BYUI and go through some of the remodeled buildings. It made me miss the school a lot. I really miss going to a university that is dedicated to the Lord and always overflowing with the Spirit. Being in Rexburg for a few days really made me want to return to BYUI. But, thankfully, I remembered that I was getting the better end of the deal. Instead of returning to school in Idaho, I get to marry my best friend.
I was only away from him for about two days, but during that time I remembered just how blessed I am to have him in my life. He has such strong faith. He spoils me completely rotten. I can laugh with him until my sides hurt. And he loves me no matter what, even at my craziest. I will always be happy by his side.

PS. Our photographer posted some of our engagement pictures on her blog!! Check 'em out!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those the most adorable pictures ever!!

    You better not go anywhere this weekend...you already have plans!

    ReplyDelete