Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Milestone

Nine months ago I met a boy named Adam. He invited me, my sister, and our roommate over for lunch one Sunday. He mentioned, in passing, that he loved the show Scrubs. I had watched a couple episodes over the years, so in an attempt to make conversation with a new friend I said (probably with too much enthusiasm) "I love that show!" Yeah, yeah, I know. Girls are so weird. But, all you ladies out there can NOT deny having ever taken temporary interest in something for a guy. You know I'm right.
Anyway, a few months went by. Adam and I continued to watch the entire series of Scrubs, but sometimes with a little less enthusiasm. I mean.. we couldn't start a relationship using only a common interest in a television show, right? Well, we clearly found more things in common. So began the wedding madness. That whole time frame has passed, and we're now settling into married life. Which means not having to always go out to have fun. So we continued watching our favorite show. And.... we finished today! (we didn't watch the last season because Adam says it's dumb and he doesn't even consider it to be part of the series).
I know that most people might think this is a stupid thing to call a "milestone." But, many late night conversations happened while watching the show, which led to a great friendship, and then eventually our marriage.
So, thank you to Scrubs. Thank you for the laughter, the tears, the many life lessons, and something that I'll always be able to share with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment