Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Confessions of a Housewife: Part 2

We all need to just vent sometimes. But, if you don't want to hear (read) someone else complaining, please just skip the first half of this post.
Lately, I've been feeling pretty pathetic. I've applied for 35+ jobs, had four interviews, three never called back, and one just told me yesterday that I didn't get the job.
I'm not going to school this semester, because we're trying to pay off a little debt. But, that's hard to do when only one of us has a job! Oh, and speaking of school, why can't schools just allow transfer credits from any school?! Neither UVU or BYU has the major that I started at BYU-I, therefore I have 37 credits that don't apply to anything here. How discouraging is that?
I've come to the realization that I've gained almost 35 pounds since graduating high school. Sick.
The list of people I know that are pregnant (or have had a baby within the last 6 months) has now reached 25. I'm happy for them, really. Jealous even. But, I honestly get freaked out when I think about it happening for us. I mean, how will we pay for everything? We both need to finish school.
I've also realized that your circle of friends really does change after you get married. Aside from Adam (who is my best friend) I can think of two other people that I interact with on a regular basis.
Now, I also realize that I can change all of this, and that I could have a much better attitude. But, don't we all just have those days when we just think "poor me"? Anyway, I do have good things to talk about as well.
For instance, Rachel and Mike are married now!!! I am so excited and happy for them. Rachel might kill me for this next part, but... I remember so many times that I cried over her in the past. I was so worried about her and I was just frustrated with a lot of the choices that she was making. I just wanted her to be happy, but hated that I couldn't choose how she found that happiness. She had to do it all on her own. And I am so immensely proud of the changes that she's made over the last year, and I'm extremely grateful to have her as a best friend again. I was finally able to cry tears of happiness as I watched her and Mike get sealed. So, so happy!
Also, I'm getting a tiny bit more crafty. I learned how to crochet just a couple months ago. I'm not that good yet, but I'm practicing. This is my attempt at a small doll blanket.
When I was finished, Adam asked if it was supposed to be a skirt. Ha! I'm now working on a scarf. It still looks a little misshapen, but it's going better than the blanket.. I think.
Also, last night our Relief Society had a craft night. And I'm pretty stoked about the end result of my project.

Cool, huh? It was just a plain piece of round wood when I started. But, three different coats of paint, a vinyl, and a couple clock hands later, voila! A super cute clock!

Anyway, I've got plenty of things to be grateful for. Most especially, my dear husband who tries to console me when I'm an emotional disaster. He is so wonderful and I'm happy to have him as my constant companion.

1 comment:

  1. I just barely remembered that you have another blog so I added it to mine today. It's fun to read about what's going on in your life! Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the whole baby thing. Whenever you guys are ready try not to be too freaked out. I had no idea how Jeff and I were going to handle being parents, especially since it wasn't planned (and even more especially because of all the problems that were going on). I was completely panicked and terrified. Somehow it all just works, though. Plus I know you'll be an amazing mom and I'm sure Adam will be a wonderful dad. I'll be excited for you whenever it does happen :) Oh, and when we moved down here last year I couldn't find a job and I never did, so I definitely feel your pain there. I've been sitting at home doing nothing for over a year. Now diapers and bottles are my life. I'm not sure if you've found something yet, but if not I hope you do soon!

    ReplyDelete